The people you need. The skills you need. When and where you need them.
What does it cost?
There are no upfront costs to register with Tradesmen International. When you utilize our skilled contingent craftsmen, you're billed the quoted hourly rate times the hours worked – that's it.
How are our craftsmen billed out?
Each is assigned an hourly rate based upon their trade, results of hands-on and written testing, reference feedback and, if available, NCCER "validated" skill level. We have Helpers, Apprentices, Journeymen and Leadmen, and you'll only pay for the level you choose.
How do you access our skilled craftsmen?
Simply call Tradesmen with the type of craftsmen you are looking for. Our field representatives will work with our recruiters and select the individuals who best meets your qualifications. You will then be advised on the specifics of the particular Tradesmen employees and be informed of their hourly wage.
When should you call Tradesmen? How long does it take?
There are two distinct ways to work with us:
Planned Labor Partnering – Our most successful clients pre-determine their skilled labor staffing needs several days or even weeks in advance. By doing so, they can reserve specific Tradesmen employees they know by name or ensure that they'll be able to access larger numbers of specific types of craftsmen they will be needing.
Immediate Skilled Labor Fulfillment – When you can't plan ahead, we can have qualified skilled craftsmen at your site in 24 hours or less (in most cases).
How does Tradesmen hire its craftsmen?
While we recruit our employees through traditional advertising, we ensure a higher standard of craftsmen by implementing a rigorous screening process administered by recruiters with at least 8 years of construction experience. The hiring process includes, but is not limited to, one-on-one interviews, skill testing and checking of at least three verifiable work references. A national effort is underway to have our employees' skills third-party-validated through NCCER's skills assessments.
How can we claim to have one of the most qualified skilled construction labor forces in North America?
Once hired, we constantly evaluate our force. We keep only those employees who meet strict quality and reliability standards. We consistently replace the bottom 10% – who simply don't make the grade – with craftsmen who do.
We're a Construction Labor Support company focused on client productivity... not a "temp agency." So we set the bar higher to deliver high quality craftsmen:
- Construction Recruitment Specialists are professionals with a minimum eight years construction industry experience. They "speak your language"
- Stricter Hiring Process including structured interviews, hands-on skill testing, NCCER skills assessment testing and a minimum of three reference checks, etc.
- 10-Hour OSHA Construction Industry Outreach Safety Training is provided at no charge to all our employees
- Jobsite Visits by Our Field Representatives to ensure workforce productivity and that your standards are being met
- Monthly Evaluations of Our Craftsmen based upon work performance, skill growth and client interviews
- We Foster Long-term Relationships with Our Personnel by investing in each with:
- An Exceptional Benefits Package Including Healthcare, Dental, 401(k), etc.
- Competitive Wages Corresponding to Skill Level
- Jobsite Specific Safety Training
- Corporate Incentives, Employee Appreciation Events, Awards, and more.
What is the "Satisfaction Guarantee?"
We're so confident in the reliability and skill of our workforce that we guarantee the worker sent to your jobsite will be of the quality you expect and have the skills you requested or we'll replace that worker at no charge if notified within their first four hours on your jobsite.