We Deliver Skilled Electricians, Welders, Machinists, Millwrights, and More
Tradesmen® not only provides reliable, job-ready industrial workers — we support our clients with proven manufacturing staffing and industrial staffing strategies that enable firms of all sizes to
- Sustain a profitable work-to-skilled worker ratio on projects
- Minimize unnecessary overtime expenditures
- Mitigate industrial/manufacturing trade labor shortage challenges
- Better meet clients’ quality expectations
- Hit client deadlines far more consistently
An Experienced Pool of Proven, Contingent Manufacturing & Industrial Trades
Tradesmen International® has been recruiting, onboarding, and retaining verifiably skilled manufacturing craftworkers since 1992. Each employee completes a stringent hiring process, including in-person or virtual interviews, skills evaluations, and more. The result is a formidable database of proven manufacturing and industrial trade workers who are available on a just-in-time basis.
From highly experienced, journey-level industrial trades to apprentice-level craftworkers, our manufacturing staffing database of craft professionals includes:
- Welders of all types
- Machinists, CNC, and other
- Industrial Maintenance Technician
- Predictive maintenance specialists
- Equipment and pneumatic mechanics
- Press brake operators
- And many other trades
While our craftworkers may be considered temporary industrial trades to you, they are full-timeTradesmen® employees. We provide them with stable work, project diversity, strong benefit opportunities, and more. As a result, our employee retention percentage is strong and enables us to more readily deliver skilled, safety-minded, reliable, and productive contract employees.
In addition to benefits, Tradesmen® handles payroll, unemployment, and workers’ compensation costs for our employees. This enables manufacturers to consistently realize overall labor cost reductions, between 11–24%, using our manufacturing staffing and light industrial staffing strategies.
Markets We Serve with Manufacturing and Industrial Staffing Solutions
For nearly three decades, our manufacturing staffing agency has delivered manufacturing staffing and industrial staffing solutions to a wide range of manufacturing and industrial businesses, including:
- Food, beverage, and tobacco
- Wood, paper, and printing
- Petroleum, chemicals, plastics, and rubber
- Primary metal, fabricated metal, and machinery
- Computers and other electronics
- Consumer products, electrical equipment, appliances, and components, etc.
We also have exceptional experience with manufacturing and industrial shutdown staffing, turnaround staffing, planned outages, preventive maintenance programs, and other time-sensitive initiatives that require high-end industrial trade staffing expertise. Whether you need full crews or individuals to support your operations, we can send them to your job site precisely when needed.
Human Resources Staff Benefits from Manufacturing Staffing Solutions
Our skilled workers emphasize safety, productivity, and craftsmanship. As a support arm to your internal industrial staffing operations, Tradesmen® helps you:
- Meet workforce requests from plant operations with reliable, job-ready trades
- Access all trades at all skill levels, from one to dozens, precisely when needed
- Deliver journey-level trades, apprentice-level craftworkers and helpers to plant operations
- Minimize paperwork and costly time with a true, single-source industrial staffing solution
- Gain localized, team-level service support and 24/7 order-placement convenience
Plant Managers Achieve Time and Cost-Saving Objectives
We can work with plant operations to meet your industrial staffing needs on a precisely as-needed basis. By providing quality craftworkers to support your full-time employees, Tradesmen® helps you:
- Reduce workforce shortage challenges that impact quality, productivity, and deadlines
- Minimize overtime expenditures
- Add provisional second or third shifts to meet deadlines
- Increase workforce productivity and profitability by running a leaner full-time workforce
- Sustain a balanced work-to-worker ratio by flexing in and out contract labor to meet workload
- Gain localized, team-level service support and 24/7 order-placement convenience
Why Work With a Manufacturing Staffing Agency?
If you are considering partnering with an industrial and manufacturing staffing agency but aren’t sure about the benefits, we outline them below.
Focus On Your Core Workforce
By partnering with a manufacturing staffing agency like Tradesmen®, you can focus on your core, full-time workforce. We will provide you with the skilled workers you need to match your fluctuating workload. Staffing your projects shouldn’t steal time away from supporting your core workforce. With the help of Tradesmen®, you will get the right number of skilled tradespeople at the right time at the correct skill level on an as-needed basis.
Save Time and Meet Deadlines
Meeting deadlines is made possible by working with Tradesmen® to gain access to proven craftworkers when and where you need them. Don’t spend time searching for the contract craft professionals you need. We are the dependable source for proven trade professionals in the manufacturing industry. Contact us to complete projects on time with the skilled labor you’ve been looking for.
Get Vetted Craft Professionals
Tradesmen® does the screening and vetting work for you. We provide proven craftworkers who have been stringently evaluated with face-to-face or video interviews, reference checks, workforce hours verification, credential verification, and hands-on skill testing. With a nationwide talent pool of over 500,000 craftworkers, we provide the best talent right when you need it. Our proven workers are ready to serve your business. Trust us to deliver the right craft professionals to get the job done right.
Mitigate Unemployment Expenditures
Reduce your SUTA rate by avoiding layoffs and terminations of full-time employees. Minimize or eliminate layoffs by working with Tradesmen® to supplement your core employees with our skilled professionals. When your workload slows, send our craftworkers back with no negative impact on unemployment taxes. Our workers are covered under Tradesmen® so you don’t have to worry about unemployment expenditures affecting your bottom line.
Minimize Workers’ Comp Risk and Costs
By keeping a lean workforce and supplementing it using a manufacturing staffing service, you can minimize your business’s workers’ compensation exposure. Keep your permanent employee count low and use Tradesmen® craft professionals to avoid paying higher insurance premiums. Our safety-minded, skilled workforce is covered under our workers’ compensation insurance. Our craftworkers come at no risk to you since they are full-time employees of Tradesmen®.
Save Money On Healthcare Costs
Rising healthcare insurance costs have been a concern for small business owners for the past several years. By tapping into the network of craftworkers with Tradesmen®, you won’t need to be concerned about staying competitive and working with the best talent. Minimize profit losses related to healthcare coverage by working with fewer full-time employees and pulling in Tradesmen’s® talent when needed. We provide a comprehensive benefits package for our network of tradespeople so that you don’t have to.
Protect Your Business and Minimize Exposure To Non-Compliance
By working with a manufacturing staffing agency, you protect your business from legal risk and the consequences of non-compliance. Labor laws are constantly changing and it is important to stay abreast of the current regulations. Tradesmen® stays up-to-date with legislation relevant to the industry and supports you with workforce strategies to comply with current laws and regulations.
Improve Profit Margins With Manufacturing & Industrial Staffing Services
The CORE+Flex manufacturing staffing strategy enables you to run a leaner full-time workforce. Because we have a substantial local, regional, and national database of proven, job-ready manufacturing trades, we’re able to reliably deliver the trade you need, at the exact skill level you request, on a precisely as-needed basis. Learn more about CORE+Flex and contact us today to get proven manufacturing staffing.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to sort quality manufacturing staffing agencies from poor manufacturing staffing agencies?
There are several factors to consider when sorting quality manufacturing staffing agencies from poor ones.
- Experience and Expertise: Look for agencies with a proven track record and extensive experience in the manufacturing industry.
- Reputation and Client Feedback: Research the agency’s reputation by checking client testimonials, reviews, and ratings. Positive feedback from previous clients is a good indicator of their reliability in staffing manufacturing jobs.
- Talent Acquisition Strategies: Assess how staffing agencies source and recruit talent. Look for agencies that have a robust screening and selection process, including thorough interviews, skills assessments, and background checks to ensure they provide qualified and competent candidates.
- Industry Knowledge: Evaluate the agency’s understanding of the manufacturing sector, including the latest industry trends and compliance requirements.
- Flexibility and Customization: Consider whether the agency can accommodate your unique staffing needs, including temporary or permanent positions, specific skill requirements, and scalability options. Providing staffing solutions is a sign of a quality agency.
What’s the best way to retain talent?
Retaining talent in the manufacturing industry requires a comprehensive approach focusing on employee engagement and positive, safe work culture. There are many effective strategies for retaining talent.
Ensure your company offers competitive compensation packages, including salaries, bonuses, and benefits. Regularly review and benchmark your compensation against manufacturing workforce standards to attract and retain top talent.
Provide clear pathways for career advancement and offer development opportunities such as training programs, certifications, and mentorship initiatives, if possible. It’s also best to acknowledge and reward employee contributions through performance-based incentives.
Invest in effective leadership development programs to ensure managers and supervisors have the skills to support and motivate their teams. Strong leaders who can provide guidance, mentorship, and support are crucial for retaining talent.
Remember that every employee is unique, so it’s essential to understand their individual needs and preferences. Regularly assess your retention strategies and seek employee feedback to improve your efforts continually.
What safety standard do staffing agencies adhere to?
Reputable staffing agencies in the manufacturing industry adhere to safety standards that prioritize the well-being of workers and compliance with relevant regulations. These standards may include:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Regulations: OSHA is a federal agency in the United States that sets and enforces safety and health regulations. Staffing agencies should offer OSHA standard training for all employees.
- Industry-Specific Regulations: Agencies must also adhere to industry-specific safety regulations. Different manufacturing sectors, such as automotive, pharmaceuticals, or food production, have their own unique safety requirements. Staffing agencies should be familiar with these regulations and ensure that their supply workers are appropriately trained and equipped.
- Continuous Safety Improvement: Staffing agencies should have a commitment to continuous safety improvement. This includes staying updated on new safety regulations and taking cues from organizations like the National Safety Council.
When selecting a manufacturing staffing agency, inquire about their safety protocols and ensure they have robust measures to prioritize worker safety. Tradesmen International is committed to safety. We understand that worker safety is crucial for minimizing workplace accidents and mitigating potential liabilities.
What if Tradesmen International doesn’t have the top talent I’m looking for?
While finding the ideal candidate can occasionally take time, particularly for specialized roles, we pull from an extremely large pool of qualified workers. This typically allows for top placement that meets and exceeds expectations.
To expedite this process, make sure you review and refine your job requirements, considering specific skills, experience levels, certifications, and any other criteria essential for the role.
Reach out to Tradesmen International to discuss your specific needs in detail. Make sure that you provide a comprehensive overview of the qualifications and skills you are seeking.
In the unlikely event that we’re not able to supply a needed worker, our staffing experts maintain open communication of the issue and strive to meet expectations in another way.