THE TRIP 2024
TRADESMEN INTERNATIONAL, LLC
2024 SALES CONTEST: AREA MANAGER RULES
AREA MANAGER RULES
- Purpose. The purpose of the 2023 Sales Contest (Area Managers) (“AM Contest”) is to reward eligible employees for their individual and group contributions toward maximizing the profitability of Tradesmen while preventing work-site accidents by mitigating conditions and behaviors that may contribute to accidents by providing an incentive to those eligible employees who achieve superior results. This AM Contest is designed to promote teamwork, to achieve overall corporate success and to motivate individual excellence.
- Eligibility. Eligibility for participation in this AM Contest is limited to an employee of Tradesmen who is an Area Manager or Division Sales Manager of Tradesmen and has been designated in writing to participate in this AM Contest by the CEO (a “Participant”). For clarification, Sales Managers in Strategic Accounts are not eligible to participate in the AM Contest.
- Contest Period. January 2, 2023 – November 26, 2023 (the “Contest Period”).
- The Award. Tradesmen will award a winning Participant (a “Winner”) plus one guest a trip in 2024 Q1 (“The Trip”) with Tradesmen that includes (i) round trip airline tickets and (ii) accommodations at a to-be-disclosed location (collectively, an “Award”). A “guest” may not be a current Tradesmen employee other than a spouse of the Participant. Except for the Award (and any allowances or similar payments provided by Tradesmen in connection therewith), a Winner will be responsible to pay for any personal costs related to the Trip. As further clarification, Tradesmen will not reimburse nor provide payroll deductions for such personal costs except as set forth in the Taxation paragraph below.
- Competition. A Participant is eligible to receive an Award if the (a) Participant has a start date with Tradesmen on or before April 3, 2023, and (b) Participant’s Award Rank falls within the top 5 of the Award Ranks for all Participants. A Participant’s Award Rank is derived by comparing their (i) operating income, (ii) percentage of actual operating income to operating income budget, and (iii) weighted-average, safety frequency designated an “Equalizing Value” or “EF” of other respective Participants, and is determined by the following “Factors”:
- OI Rank. The Participant will receive an “OI Rank” based upon the Participant’s operating income when compared with other Participants’ operating income as set forth in AccuTerm. Operating income herein will be rounded to the nearest full dollar ($1.00), with fifty cents ($0.50) rounded upwards. OI Ranks will be ranked in an ascending order with highest total operating income receiving an OI Rank equal to the total number of Participants (“Participant Total”), second highest operating income receiving an OI Rank equal to the Participant Total minus one (1) and continuing all the way down to the lowest total operating income receiving an OI Rank equal to one (1).
- Budget Percentage Rank. The Participant will receive a “Budget Percentage Rank” based upon the Participant’s percentage of actual operating income to operating income budget as set forth in AccuTerm (“Actual OI to Budget OI Percentage”) when compared with other Participants’ Actual OI to Budget OI Percentage. Percentages are rounded to the nearest percentage point, with half (0.5) of a percentage point rounded upwards. Budget Percentage Rank’s will be ranked in an ascending order with highest Actual OI to Budget OI Percentage receiving a Budget Percentage Rank equal to the Participant Total, second highest Actual OI to Budget OI Percentage receiving a Budget Percentage Rank equal to the Participant Total minus one (1) and continuing all the way down to the lowest total Actual OI to Budget OI Percentage receiving a Budget Percentage Rank equal to one (1).
- EF Rank. The Participant will receive an “EF Rank” based upon the Participant’s EF when compared with other Participants’ EFs. EFs are rounded to the nearest one hundredth, with five thousandth of a percentage point (0.005) rounded upwards. EF Ranks will be ranked in an ascending order with lowest EF receiving an EF Rank equal to the Participant Total, second lowest EF receiving an EF Rank equal to the Participant Total minus one (1), and continuing all the way down to the highest EF receiving an EF Rank equal to one (1).
- Ties. If one or more Participants have the same OI, Actual OI to Budget OI Percentage or EF, the OI Rank, Budget Percentage Rank or EF Rank, as applicable, will be divided between/among those Participants.
- Final Rank. A Participant will receive a “Final Rank” based upon their “Total Score” that sums the Factors having the following corresponding weights:
|Budget Percentage Rank
Thus, a Participant’s “Total Score” is calculated as follows:
(OI Rank x .60) + (Budget Percentage Rank x .20) + (EF Rank x .20)
A Total Score will be rounded to the nearest tenth with (0.05) rounded upwards. Total Scores will be ranked in a descending order with the highest Total Score receiving a Final Rank equal to one (1), second highest receiving a Final Rank equal to two (2) and continuing all the way down to the lowest Total Score equal to the number of Participants. If one or more Participants have the same Total Score, the tie will be broken by the highest OI.
The terms “operating income budget” and “operating income” shall mean those terms as set forth on Accuterm (as same may be adjusted from time to time during the Contest Period). The Safety and Risk Departments shall calculate EFs based on Origami and AccuTerm inputs.
- Winners. As a prerequisite for receiving an Award, a potential Winner (i) must be a full-time employee of Tradesmen on the first day of The Trip and (ii) provide a signed liability release for The Trip as directed by Tradesmen for the potential Winner and his/her guest(s). If a potential Winner declines to participate or is unable to fulfill these AM Contest requirements or if, by reason of accident, illness or emergency, the person is unable to travel or must return home early, or if the potential Winner’s participation is terminated by Tradesmen prior to trip completion, (A) there will be no cash compensation for the Award, (B) the Award may not be assigned to any other person and (C) a potential Winner’s guest(s) shall also have no rights in the Award, including room or travel reservations or participation in Award events or meals. Tradesmen reserves the right to cancel or reschedule The Trip, in whole or in part, in its sole discretion, as well as the right, in its sole discretion, to dismiss a Winner from further participation in The Trip because of conduct that is considered improper or offensive or is likely to be detrimental to the health or safety of the Winner or other individuals.
- Taxation. The guest’s airfare for an Award will be considered a taxable benefit to a Winner, and the tax on the benefit will be withheld from the Winner’s paycheck following The Trip.
- Administration. The CEO will administer this AM Contest and will have full power and authority to construe, interpret, and administer this AM Contest, to determine eligibility for participation and to determine the amount of and eligibility to receive an Award. Nothing in this AM Contest will be deemed to create a contract of employment between Tradesmen and any individual, nor a guarantee of employment with Tradesmen for any length of time. Tradesmen reserves the right to amend this AM Contest from time to time or to discontinue it if such a change is deemed necessary or desirable. The captions to the various sections of this AM Contest are for convenience of reference only and will be disregarded in the interpretation of this AM Contest. This AM Contest is governed by the laws of the State of Ohio.