Meet Jeff Morel of Tradesmen International, a Sergeant Major E-9 with the Army National Guard
We recently chatted with Jeff Morel, a Major Accounts Executive with Tradesmen and a Sergeant Major E-9 with the Army National Guard, about his history with Tradesmen and his tenure in the military:
- How long have you been with Tradesmen? I’ve been here six years. I started in September 2011 as a General Manager for the San Diego office where I worked until 2015, at which point I made the switch to Major Accounts.
- What do you like most about working at Tradesmen? I like working with the clients and meeting new people, but I enjoy working with the field employees the most. They rely on us to get them work so that they can provide for their families; it’s especially impactful during the holidays. There’s a lot of opportunity here and you get to meet some wonderful people along the way. It’s a great company to work for.
- You’re in the military; what branch and for how long? For eight years I was active duty in the Marine Corps, and after a four-year break joined the Army National Guard which I’ve been in for 12 years.
- You’re deploying to the Middle East this summer for your fifth tour; how do you balance it all? I just figure out a way to find time for everything. My bosses – Chris and Paul – support what I do; without their backing it would be much harder. They are, by far, the best I’ve ever worked for. Their wealth of knowledge is extensive and they’re always there to help everyone. My wife [of 16 years] is incredibly supportive. I don’t know that she’s used to it but…I think she thinks it’s a bit of a vacation (said with great sarcasm).
- What do hope to accomplish in 2018 professionally? I want to grow my business as much as possible before I deploy. We are poised for great things in 2018 and I’m excited to be a part of it – even if only for half the year.
Please join us in giving a big Tradesmen thank you to Jeff for his dedications and his service to our country.