Do you have someone on your team who deserves recognition for their outstanding craftsmanship, dedication to safety and commitment to excellence? Now is your chance to show them how valuable they are and honor them with a nomination for ABC’s Craft Professional of the Year (CPOY) award, sponsored by Tradesmen International.
Every year, Associated Builders and Contractors gives the CPOY award to a craftsman who sets a high standard for their fellow professionals through their exemplary skills and leadership. Winners are chosen for their mastery of skills, passion for their trade and dedication to serving both the construction industry and the greater community.
The 2018 CPOY winner will receive:
- 2018 Ram Tradesman truck provided by Tradesmen International and co-sponsored by RAM
- Bosch tools
- Feature article in Construction Executive Magazine
- Press coverage in ABC National outlets
In addition, all 2018 finalists and finalists’ companies will also receive press coverage.
Submit Your CPOY Nomination by January 12
The deadline for nominations is January 12, 2018. To nominate a team member, you’ll need to include:
- Proof of Journeyman designation; in lieu of a Journeyman’s license, you may submit a signed letter from your company stating that the nominee is a Journeyman as described by your organization
- A 250-word (maximum) essay (see the Rules and Regulations for details)
- Nominee’s documentation of current craft certificates, licenses, awards, etc. (within the past three years)
- Nominee’s recognition from industry, community or civic involvement (within the past three years)
- High-resolution color photo of the nominee
Finalists will be announced via email on February 1 and interviewed during the ABC Convention in Long Beach, CA on March 20. The winner will be announced at the Careers in Construction Awards Ceremony on March 22.
Meet Last Year’s CPOY Award Winner
The 2017 CPOY award recipient was Adam Ruff of Price Electric. A craftsman for more than 15 years, Adam has been involved in a variety of projects that received chapter and national Excellence in Construction awards, including an Eagle Award for University of Iowa Children’s Hospital.
Price Electric President Jeremy Price had this to say about Adam:
“Adam is the type of person that everyone wants on their team. Our employees have been excited and greatly motivated by this entire process. This award shows everyone what can be achieved by making their jobs into a career, and dedicating yourself to it. A win for Adam was a win for all of us. It gives us pride to know we are associated with the award. It builds us up in the community and it helps to bring in future employees.”
Check out our blog post What Does it Take to Become Craft Professional of the Year? to learn more about the CPOY judging criteria.