Back injuries are as preventable as they are common – make every move a safe move!
Lifting heavy objects causes a large portion of work place injuries. Knowing the proper techniques to lift/carry an object can help prevent injuries and future back problems.
Ways to avoid injury:
Before the lift:
- Check your surroundings for tripping hazards, wet/ slippery floors, other workers
- Check the weight of the object to ensure safe lift
- Do not jerk the lift
- Keep the load as close to the body as possible
- Turn feet instead of twisting torso
- Avoid repetitive motions
- See if a tool can be used to move the object
- Use core muscles, legs and arms to lift
Remember: Always Start by Planning the Lift!
Safety has been Tradesmen International’s #1 Core Value since our inception in 1992. While we’re proud to provide all our employees OSHA Training, Tool-Box Talks as well as On-going Safety Communication and Education, we believe that each individual must personally emphasize safe behavior at home, on the road, the jobsite and at all times to ensure their safety and the safety of all those around them.
Meet with a Tradesmen team member and or call 855-723-3844 to learn more about OSHA 10 Hour Construction Safety and Health training opportunities.